Job Posting OPEN
Carrier Payables - Iselin, NJ
Scan With Your Phone To Apply!
World Insurance Associates is a unique insurance and professional services organization offering top products and services from major providers, combined with attentive service from local agents.
Founded in 2011, World is the second fastest-growing insurance broker in the U.S. We specialize in personal and commercial insurance lines, surety and bonding, employee benefits, financial and retirement services, and human capital management solutions.
World Insurance combines the best of a boutique firm, care and attention to detail, with national scope and deep subject-matter expertise associated with up-market consulting. Why sacrifice one for the other when you can have both? World Insurance is a leading-edge broker, intent on modernizing insurance delivery through data and analytics, coupled with a “personal touch.”
This position will be responsible for agency management system reconciliations, identifying and researching balance issues and other accounting duties while working in conjunction with other staff members
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process carrier payable items.
- Reconcile carrier statements.
- Investigate and reconcile carrier/World differences
- Maintain carrier electronic payment instructions
- Adhere to all systems, procedures, and insurance company regulations.
- Perform special projects at management’s request.
Education and/or Experience:
- College diploma or recognized equivalent is required.
- 3-year general accounting background preferred.
- Applied Epic or similar agency management software experience, preferred
- Possess strong administrative and computing skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and efficient with excellent verbal and written communications skills and the ability to effectively work with others.
- Must have a high level of problem- solving skills.
- Able to work independently and enjoy a high degree of interaction with team members
- Maintain a sense of urgency and ability to work with and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and commitment to a high level of accuracy
- The ability to multi- task, prioritize, work independently, and use discretion surrounding sensitive information
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and positive attitude
This description is not meant to be all-inclusive. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed within the full job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.