Job Posting CLOSED
Senior Medical Insurance Underwriter -Syosset, NY
Scan With Your Phone To Apply!
World Insurance Associates is a unique insurance organization offering top products and services from major providers, combined with attentive service from local agents.
Founded in 2011, World is the second fastest-growing insurance broker in the U.S. We specialize in personal and commercial insurance lines, surety and bonding, employee benefits, financial and retirement services, and human capital management solutions.
This position will provide support and manage employee benefits for clients, with a focus on: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Long-term Disability, Short-Term Disability, and Voluntary Benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the preparation of the RFPs and the analyzation of the marketing results
- Designing, distributing, and evaluating responses to surveys and RFPs
- Accountable for performing financial analysis, including benefits cost projection, plan design modelling alternatives, and creation of employee contribution recovery models
- The ability to create benchmark data and trend analysis for clients
- Work independently and make sound underwriting decisions based on financial results
- Proactive financial monitoring and review for assigned cases
- Create monthly financial reporting packages including detailed premium, claims, membership, commission, and cash reconciliation information
- Create weekly, monthly and quarterly financial statements and/or projections
- Assist in quarterly presentation to clients on financial performance of insurance programs
- New Business Financial Evaluations, as needed by sales team
- Provide timely, courteous and accurate response to all inquiries, conducting research when necessary and communicating results
- Process all necessary paperwork by adhering to the department workflow and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree or the recognized equivalent in education and experience, required
- 8 years of experience, preferred
- Strong communication skills and ability to translate complex financial concepts into customer friendly format
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and produce quality deliverables on time
- Possess strong administrative and computing skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Able to work independently and enjoy a high degree of interaction with team members
- Ability to contribute to a collaborative environment by consistently demonstrating teamwork, high motivation, positive behavior and effort to achieve goals and objectives
- Self-motivated and driven
- Maintain a sense of urgency and ability to work with and meet deadlines
- Demonstrates effective problem-solving abilities
- Demonstrates excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Attention to detail and commitment to a high level of accuracy
- The ability to use discretion surrounding sensitive information
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and positive attitude