Job Posting OPEN
Technical Senior Accountant - Iselin, NJ (Hybrid)
Scan With Your Phone To Apply!
World Insurance Associates is a unique insurance organization offering top products and services from major providers, combined with attentive service from local agents.
Founded in 2011, World is the second fastest-growing insurance broker in the U.S. We specialize in personal and commercial insurance lines, surety and bonding, employee benefits, financial and retirement services, and human capital management solutions.
- An exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing company that is seeking a dynamic candidate to join its Technical Accounting team. The candidate must be detail oriented, driven, a quick- learner, have strong communication skills and be able to take ownership of complicated technical accounting matters in addition to assisting with the monthly close process, as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Working on monthly reporting deliverables to senior management and the Board.
- Under the direction of manager, assisting with purchase price allocation for newly acquired entities including determined fair value of contingent consideration and maintain associated schedules.
- Review new/amended debt agreements and ensure debt related entries are recorded appropriately. Estimate monthly principal/interest cash flow needs.
- On a quarterly basis, assist with ASC 606 revenue recognition true-ups and fair value measurement of contingent consideration.
- Assist with ensuring all lease agreements are accounted for appropriately under ASC842 including additions/modifications/terminations
- Assisting with the annual audit including maintaining the Prepared by Client listing and preparing required schedules and rollforwards.
- Prepare and record journal entries.
- Prepare and review financial statement disclosures in accordance with GAAP.
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in Accounting.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in accounting (including working on Technical accounting matters); insurance industry auditing or accounting experience preferred. Big 4 experience strongly desired.
- CPA preferred
- Strong understanding of US GAAP preferred including ASC 606, ASC 805 and ASC 842.
- Possess strong administrative and computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point).
- Able to work independently and enjoy a high degree of interaction with team members.
- Self-motivated and driven. Maintain a sense of urgency and ability to work with and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication, including the ability actively listen, and problem solve with minimal assistance.
- The ability to multi task, prioritize, work independently, and use discretion surrounding sensitive information.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and positive attitude.