Job Posting OPEN
Senior Accountant - Edison, NJ
Scan With Your Phone To Apply!
World Insurance Associates, LLC. is looking to hire an experienced Senior Accountant. The Senior Accountant will report to Accounting Manager, and take complete ownership of complicated accounting matters and work on the monthly close process.
- Work on monthly close including consolidation of newly acquired agencies.
- Responsible for ensuring all necessary journal entries are booked, all underlying roll forwards and account reconciliations are completed
- Working on monthly reporting deliverables to senior management and the Board.
- Preparation of projected income statement for quarterly estimates, other requested schedules and documentation related to finance and operations
- Under the direction of manager, assisting with purchase price allocation for newly acquired entities including determined fair value of contingent consideration.
- Assist will with accounting for newly acquired entities until full integration into World’s accounting system
- On a quarterly basis, assist with ASC 606 revenue recognition true-ups and fair value measurement of contingent consideration
- Assisting with the annual audit including maintaining the Prepared by Client listing and preparing required schedules and roll forward
- Bachelor's Degree with concentration in Accounting
- Required Minimum of 5 years' experience in accounting, insurance industry auditing or accounting experience
- Possess strong computing skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Strong understanding of US GAAP preferred including ASC 606, ASC 805 and ASC 842
- Possess strong administrative skills
- Able to work independently and enjoy a high degree of interaction with team members
- Self-motivated and driven. Maintain a sense of urgency and ability to work with and meet deadlines
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication, including the ability actively listen, and problem solve with minimal assistance
- The ability to multi task, prioritize, work independently, and use discretion surrounding sensitive information
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and positive attitude