Job Posting OPEN
Benefits Manager - Iselin, NJ
Scan With Your Phone To Apply!
World Insurance Associates is a unique insurance organization offering top products and services from major providers, combined with attentive service from local agents.
Founded in 2011, World is the second fastest-growing insurance broker in the U.S. We specialize in personal and commercial insurance lines, surety and bonding, employee benefits, financial and retirement services, and human capital management solutions.
The Benefits Manager is responsible for managing the group health & wellness plans, plan design, 401K plans, and the benefit administration system. This position provides expertise and insight to senior leadership and makes recommendations for enhancement and/or changes to employee benefits package based on cost and strategic direction. The manager effectively services employees to ensure benefits are properly administered and manages all vendor relationships.
- Reports to the Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) and serves as a strategic partner in the development, implementation, management, and evaluation of benefits strategies.
- Supports all benefit onboarding integration for new acquisitions.
- Develops approaches, strategies, policies, and programs related to the efficient delivery the Company’s group plans including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life and disability, wellness initiatives, the Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and the Company’s 401K retirement plan.
- Advises and counsels employees on benefit related matters inclusive of state and federal employment regulations.
- Administers annual open enrollment process including working with vendors and internal stakeholders during the renewal period and preparing recommendations for management.
- Administers Leave of Absence (LOA) process inclusive of FMLA, Short-Term and Long-Term disability claims.
- Manages relationships with vendors and third-party administrators to ensure efficient plan administration.
- Manages benefits administration system.
- Reconciles benefit vendor invoices to ensure accurate and timely payments.
- Ensures compliance with federal and multi-state regulatory requirements relative to employee benefit plans.
- Provides support to internal employees.
- 7-10 years of experience in Benefit Administration.
- Team management/leadership experience preferred.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification preferred but not required.
- Certificate in professional benefits such as Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) preferred but not required.
- Technical proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and HRIS/benefits databases.
- Thorough knowledge of plan designs, and knowledge of benefit contract language.
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations including but not limited to ACA, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, HIPPA.
- Effective planning and priority setting. Ability to manage several projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field, master’s degree a plus.