Job Posting OPEN
Payroll Technician - Georgetown, SC
Scan With Your Phone To Apply!
World Insurance Associates is a unique insurance organization offering top products and services from major providers, combined with attentive service from local agents.
Founded in 2011, World is the second fastest-growing insurance broker in the U.S. We specialize in personal and commercial insurance lines, surety and bonding, employee benefits, financial and retirement services, and human capital management solutions.
This position requires paying close attention to detail and excellent customer service skills. It builds the closest relationship with our clients and sets the tone for how clients feel about the World Payroll & HR team and service. It is important to understand the expectations of using technology to complete payroll and HR functions and be able to explain those functions to our colleagues and clients. Good leadership and guidance skills are key items to help shape the payroll team in successful day to day cohesiveness.
- Processes payroll using the UKG platform for multiple clients daily
- Updating SalesForce and SharePoint on a continual basis to document all activity.
- Keep updated on system changes and industry trends to ensure proper processing for clients.
- Provides extensive knowledge of payroll laws and can help guide the payroll team.
- Follows internal policies and procedures for reporting payroll information and maintaining related records; maintains and updates a payroll policy manual which includes all payroll policies and procedures and related information.
- Responsible for trouble shooting payroll issues which entails making the decision to place a call, follow up on the course of action, and maintain accurate logs and file of actions taken.
- Works closely with the Operations Director to ensure accuracy of all reporting and team collaborations.
- Reviews accuracy of all payrolls related withholdings including benefits, child support, etc.
- Reviews and approves manual calculations for special payroll or benefit requirements; coordinates and approves supplemental payrolls.
- Answers questions and provides information to employees (external) regarding payroll procedures.
- Attends training seminars relating to payroll processing and payroll system.
- Communicates with clients to rectify questions or concerns relating to payroll.
- Enters new employees and employee information into the payroll system in a timely manner to ensure other departments can function properly
Train worksite employees on how to access the mobile app or desktop version for check stubs, etc.
- Process eVerify checks within 3 days of the employee’s hire date and communicates with Operations Director to ensure that any necessary follow up is handled.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Accounting or related field, preferred
- 5+ years working in payroll or related field
- 2+ years’ experience in UKG Payroll Ready Platform, preferred
- FPC or CPP Certification, preferred
- UKG Ready Certification(s), preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Able to multi-task and prioritize projects