Job Posting OPEN
Paralegal - Iselin, NJ
Scan With Your Phone To Apply!
World Insurance Associates is a unique insurance organization offering top products and services from major providers, combined with attentive service from local agents.
Founded in 2011, World is the second fastest-growing insurance broker in the U.S. We specialize in personal and commercial insurance lines, surety and bonding, employee benefits, financial and retirement services, and human capital management solutions.
As part of a rapidly growing company, focused on building world class operations and corporate culture, support the Legal department in regulatory, operational and transactional legal matters. Responsible for coordinating numerous databases and tracking systems. Liaison to departmental business teams.
- Assist the General Counsel/Deputy General Counsel on company transactional, regulatory, and operational matters
- Corporate secretarial support, such as drafting minutes and resolutions, entity and equity management, etc.
- Responsible for contract management system - uploading organizational contracts Point person for various contractual projects - real estate, equity tracking, vendors
- Direct liaison to business units for general legal support and regulatory advice
- Development and maintenance of record retention program and associated training
- Manage subpoena requests, litigation production and internal claims tracking and data
- Data collection of legal department deliverables
- Tracking and trainings on compliance programs and general support to compliance teams
- Perform necessary research for legal matters and initiatives
- Coordinate with external legal counsel as required
- Other administrative support functions and occasional travel as necessary
- Paralegal Undergraduate Program preferred
- Minimum 2+ years' experience in a commercial, transactional, and regulatory legal setting required. Candidates with significant years of experience are also encouraged to apply.
- Prior experience providing in house legal support preferred
- Paralegal certification or equivalent experience required
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (including Work, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) required
- CMS and Record Retention Database configuration a plus
- Must be able to work well with others and build effective team relationships
- Self-motivated with a high sense of professional ethics and integrity
- Working knowledge of contracts, transactional, and general corporate and business areas
- Must have good research skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written