Job Posting OPEN
Employee Benefits Account Executive - New York, NY
Scan With Your Phone To Apply!
World Insurance Associates is a unique insurance organization offering top products and services from major providers, combined with attentive service from local agents.
Founded in 2011, World is the second fastest-growing insurance broker in the U.S. We specialize in personal and commercial insurance lines, surety and bonding, employee benefits, financial and retirement services, and human capital management solutions.
The Account Executive will work in collaboration with the Producer and the service team and is responsible for the strategic and day to day management of client’s employee benefit plans and objectives. The Account Executive is also responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with other internal and external business partners and carriers.
- Lead and drive client relationships for strong client retention and satisfaction. As a trusted advisor, identify client needs and develop EB programs and initiatives that support the client’s goals and objectives. Promote the World Insurance Associate’s value proposition, products, services and resources.
- Strategic management of assigned book in conjunction with Producers or team. Lead the analysis of analysis of employee benefit programs and make recommendations to improve effectiveness of clients’ employee benefits programs/design, policies and practices.
- Project manage the client service plan by clearly communicating and collaboratively guiding the account team to execute customer specific initiatives which deliver unique value through the execution of client specific business plans, service timelines, and corporate communications.
- Deliver proactive day to day client service and consulting, working with the team to resolve issues (eligibility, carrier coverage and claims issues, compliance; health care reform, HIPAA).
- Delivers enrollment, benchmarking, financial and utilization data based on financial review standards and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Leads and oversees the renewal process, including marketing activities, understanding underwriting and renewal development, and negotiating on behalf of client.
- Educates clients concerning the regulatory environment and assists clients with compliance issues as necessary.
- Active participant in creating and leading presentation of client deliverables including renewal proposal and recommendation, annual client service plan and stewardship report.
- Ensures accuracy of all agency management system information for marketing, benchmarking, policy, premium and commission detail; updates system with ongoing client activities.
- Maintain a high level of Health & Welfare insurance industry knowledge, PPACA expertise, areas of compliance, etc. as well as customers’ industry trends & impacts.
- Leads others on client team and/or within the office; assists in workflow review and improvement initiatives; Provides training.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field of study or equivalent work experience that shows progressive advancement in duties and responsibilities.
- Minimum of 5-7 years' prior experience with middle market accounts, including strong technical knowledge of health and welfare employee benefit plan design, insurance products, current trends and regulatory environment
- Strong consultative and negotiation skills, with strong analytical and critical thinking skills and high attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills including the ability to resolve issues quickly and effectively with a high sense of urgency
- Proven experience leading teams and managing multiple projects simultaneously to produce quality deliverables and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills
- Life and Health license required.
- Tech savvy; ability to learn multiple systems. Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office products (experience with BenefitPoint strongly preferred)
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours as needed
- Travel is expected to be 25-40% in this role