Job Posting OPEN
Senior Accountant - Iselin, NJ
Scan With Your Phone To Apply!
World Insurance Associates is a unique insurance organization offering top products and services from major providers, combined with attentive service from local agents.
Founded in 2011, World is the second fastest-growing insurance broker in the U.S. We specialize in personal and commercial insurance lines, surety and bonding, employee benefits, financial and retirement services, and human capital management solutions.
As part of the corporate accounting function, the Senior Accountant will support the preparation of the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements on the GAAP basis of accounting.
Your Duties and Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Maintain appropriate ledger entries and reconciliations.
- Ensure necessary journal entries are booked, all underlying roll forwards and account reconciliations are accurate.
- Prepare and/or review various P&L adjusting or closing entries.
- Prepare and/or review monthly memos summarizing P&L activity.
- Communicate with other corporate functions as needed.
- Prepare and/or review entries for entities not utilizing World’s centralized agency management system.
- Work on monthly consolidation of newly acquired agencies. Ensure all accounting tasks are performed correctly, according to GAAP and company policy.
- Monitor and review financial transactions in the general ledger to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Work on P&L variance explanations for monthly reporting deliverables to senior management and the Board.
- Participate in the annual audit process.
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and controls to be more efficient and effective.
- Perform ad hoc projects and/or financial analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, CPA preferred
- Required Minimum of 3-5 years' experience in accounting, insurance industry auditing or accounting experience a plus
- Computer Applications – Proficiency with general ledger systems and Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Word. Intermediate or better skill level in Excel is a must
- Workflow - High attention to detail, including proven ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Communication – Ability to clearly communicate with peers.