Job Posting OPEN
Accounting Specialist - Burlington, IA
Scan With Your Phone To Apply!
Performs accounting related duties at the professional level. Utilizes company and department policies and procedures to prepare, analyze, and report on financial data. Follows Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and maintains excellent record keeping. Assists with audit requests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Operate computers programmed with accounting software to record, store and analyze information.
- Check figures, postings and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy and proper codes.
- Classify, record and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records.
- Receive and record deposits.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Process invoices, ensure accurate coding, and issue payments.
- Perform one or more monthly bank reconciliations.
- Reconcile or note and report discrepancies found in records.
- Provide internal and external auditing services for businesses.
- Advanced degree in accounting or related field preferred.
- 2-4 years previous experience is preferred
- General office equipment including computer and peripherals, copier, scanner, fax, calculator. Telephone, cellular phone, headset usage. Intuit QuickBooks software.
- Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Able to work independently and enjoy a high degree of interaction with team members.
- Self-motivated and driven. Maintain a sense of urgency and ability to work with and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication, including the ability actively listen, and problem solve with minimal assistance.
- The ability to multi task, prioritize, work independently, and use discretion surrounding sensitive information.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and positive attitude