Job Posting OPEN
Director of Accounting - Edison, NJ
Scan With Your Phone To Apply!
Rapidly growing and highly acquisitive insurance brokerage firm seeks a dynamic accounting professional to join its accounting team as the Assistant Controller. This position will be a key contributor in shaping the department as it continues to evolve in size and complexity and will oversee several departments including, Corporate Reporting, Accounts payable, Commission payable and Acquisition accounting. Ideal candidate will be solution-oriented, change agile, and highly motivated with strong accounting experience and acumen.
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the monthly financial statements, including (1) the reconciliation of subsidiary ledgers or account support documents to the general ledger (2) the consolidation and integration of newly acquired agencies (3) the preparation and accuracy of various financial management related reports.
- Monthly review of all significant balance sheet and P&L accounts.
- Direct supervision of accounting leaders responsible for producer commissions, accounts payable, corporate accounting, and acquisition integration.
- Supervises and trains accounting staff, ensuring transactions are processed in a timely manner in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ensures all related accounting entries are completed on time in compliance with monthly close calendar.
- Assists in the development and implementation of goals, priorities, policies, and procedures relating to the accounting department.
- Responsible for maintaining and identifying improvements to the overall internal control environment to assist in preventing and detecting errors from occurring, safeguarding the Company’s assets.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university required.
- CPA/some Big 4 experience preferred.
- Experience with accounting system implementations preferred.
- Insurance agency accounting experience preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in a supervisory accounting role at a mid to large size organization.
- Strong understanding of financial close processes, and related technology requirements, in a high growth company.
- Compensation commensurate with experience.
- Must possess analytical, quantitative, problem-solving skills/interests, have the ability work independently, and effectively communicate to all levels.
- Sets priorities and manages workflows to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities.
- Interact with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills, cooperating purposefully, and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the company.
- Highly motivated, strong attention to detail and superior work ethic.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and resources to meet deadlines under pressure.