Job Posting OPEN
Employee Benefits Account Manager - New York, NY or NJ
Scan With Your Phone To Apply!
World Insurance Associates is a unique insurance organization offering top products and services from major providers, combined with attentive service from local agents.
Founded in 2011, World is the second fastest-growing insurance broker in the U.S. We specialize in personal and commercial insurance lines, surety and bonding, employee benefits, financial and retirement services, and human capital management solutions.
As a Health and Benefits Account Manager, you will service a book of assigned clients, managing their health and welfare benefit programs for strong client retention. You will work collaboratively with the Producer and team to handle day to day service needs, review program offerings, design alternatives, manage renewals and plan marketing and develop quality client deliverables. You will serve as project manager on a wide variety of projects, interface with carriers and manage client workflow to ensure quality standards are met. This role provides the opportunity to grow your benefits knowledge, work independently and also contribute to a strong team environment.
- Work collaboratively with Producers and/or Account Executive to deliver exceptional client service and actively engage at all levels of client management to enhance client’s employee benefit programs as follows:
- Work collaboratively with Producers and team to manage client lifecycle including onboarding new clients, strategy development and/or pre-renewal meetings, policy marketing and proposal development, open enrollment coordination and carrier implementations.
- Assist with day-to-day service issues and concerns such as complex service issues, claims, billing, eligibility, enrollment, and coverage issues. Answer questions regarding plan interpretation and compliance.
- Participate in vendor procurement and negotiation, analyzing and comparing vendor products, services and contracts and spreadsheeting and summarizing plan options. Participate in making recommendations and secure client decisions.
- Contribute to benefit plan analysis, design, cost savings and funding strategies
- Obtain and maintain current benefit plan summaries/documents, amendments, etc.
- Prepare for and facilitate client meetings (agendas and materials, coordinate resources, etc.).
- Provide benefit enrollment support, including preparing materials and presentations such as open enrollment guides, benefit summaries, verifying policy and plan information, and updating internal systems as necessary and coordinating plan implementation. Conduct open enrollment meetings for clients as needed.
- Educate, advise and aid clients on all Compliance topics including, but not limited to, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, 5500s and Health Care Reform.
- Update agency management system and customer files in the document management system according to workflows and assuring accuracy for compliance.
- Building strong client relationships and engage internal and external subject matter experts to address client needs.
- 4+ years’ experience dealing with health and welfare plans, ideally gained in a benefit consulting/brokerage firm
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and produce quality deliverables on time
- Strong client service orientation and ability to respond to all communications both verbally and in written form effectively and in a timely manner
- Self-starter with proven ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Strong analytical and detail orientation, with ability to apply knowledge to be solve problems and bring creative solutions
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Excel and PowerPoint
- State Life and Health license required